Saturday, September 20, 2008

Blogger 'Sheih Kickdefella’ is free - Star

KOTA BARU: Sept 20, 2008

Blogger Syed Azidi Syed Aziz - better known as Sheih Kickdefella - was released from custody at about 4.30pm on Saturday.

Syed Azidi, 38, an employee of Kelantan Mentri Besar Incorporated, was detained on Wednesday for posting alleged seditious statements on his blogsite.

It is believed that the investigations revolved around his posting calling for people to fly the national flag upside down as a sign that the nation was “in distress.”

Syed Azidi took up the state government’s offer to develop its Internet media production some years ago, having been a film director before.

He is regarded as among the pioneers of the Malaysian blogging scene.

Upon his release, he immediately posted at his blog with a message:

Hi folks, sorry for all the unreleased messages and comments. As you know, I have been away on holiday in Lokap Balai Polis Kota Bharu and Lokap Dang Wangi. I tried to check in at Pudu Prison but was turned away because not enough qualification.

I wished to thank all for the supports and prayers.

The police has treated me well and most of the time, beyond the call of duty. I made lots of friends too.

A PC is arrange for me at 5.30pm today for me to bare all. Hehehe if any.

No comments: