Sunday, September 7, 2008

PKR's Zul Nordin served with show cause letter - Star

PETALING JAYA: Sept 7, 2008 By G. MANIMARAN and NURUL AIN HUSSAIN

Kulim Bandar Baru MP Zulkifli Noordin has been served with a show cause letter for leading a demonstration protesting the forum organised by the Bar Council on Aug 9.

Zulkifli, who revealed this on his blog, said he was asked to face the PKR disciplinary committee on Tuesday.

When contacted, Zulkifli confirmed that he received the letter at his office in Kuala Lumpur.

"Maybe I will have to ask them to postpone the date to Sept 15 as I have a matter in court on Tuesday," he told The Star's Malay news portal mStar.

In his blog, he said the letter questioned why disciplinary action should not be taken against him for leading the Himpunan Aman Umat Islam (Muslim's Peace Assembly) to protest the forum on "Converting to Islam: Article 121(1A)" organised by the Bar Council.

"I take the stand of defending Islam when the religion is being disgraced, even if it contradicts the stand of other parties.

"If there comes a time when I have to pick between Islam and the party, I will always pick Islam although I know I will suffer losses, especially with Pakatan Rakyat expected to take over the Government on Sept 16," he said.

No comments: